What is dates halwa?
Dates halwa is one of the most loved sweet dishes in cuisine of Kozhikode. Not only Hindu festivals, but this recipe is also adapted by Muslims during their iftari in Ramzan. It is loved by everyone and the flavour is worth the money or time you spend on it!
The dates are carefully mashed and cooked in hot ghee until all the water content is evaporated. Jaggery is added in sufficiently balanced quantity to maintain its flavour alongside the sweetness. No extra preservative or artificial color is added to Kozhikkodan dates halwa.
Unique ways to consume dates halwa
- It can be mixed with fruit salad instead of adding honey or sugar. Nobody will say no to fruits ever again.
- If you have a sweet tooth, add a teaspoon of fresh cream or 100 ml of milk to it. Mixed it well and we bet you will want to try it again.
- If you like a richer taste to your dates halwa, then chop the dry fruits like almond, walnut, cashew, and pista.
- Add it to the halwa and mix it well.
Health quotient of dates halwa
- If you think it has too much of calories to consume, then here are small tips that will clear your doubts.
- Dates are extremely good for anaemic people and it provides the required warmth to internal body organs. Hence, it helps in maintaining metabolism.
- Ghee has good cholesterol. So, when you consume dates halwa in balanced amount, it will not increase your weight. Also, one cheat day is allowed for every sweet lover.
- It has jaggery instead of sugar which is a blood thinner and doesn’t increase blood sugar level.
- You can always have an extra spoon of dates halwa without worrying about your health.
Here, at The South Indian Store, we deliver only the freshly prepared Dates Halwa to our customer. Any feedback or suggestion related to this product is welcome and we will try our best to entertain it. Happy snacking!