Kerala pakkavada are also known as ribbon pakkavada because of the twisty twirly ribbon-shaped look. This flat and ribbon-like snacks are favourite for kids to munch on and also good in terms of health.
These are easy home made snacks that will retain it’s taste in a airtight container.
How is Kerala pakkavada prepared?
- Kerala pakkavada are prepared from Besan powder primarily.
- It is made from the dough that is squeezed out in a ribbon shaped using the metallic stencil into hot oil.
- Chilli powder along with a pinch of Hing powder is added for enhancing the taste.
- Some roasted cumin or sesame seeds are added for some more taste and garnishing.
- The best thing about Kerala pakkavada is that they do not retain much oil and hence are less fattening.
What is the speciality of Kerala pakkavada?
- Kerala pakkavada are usually prepared, distributed and consumed around the Diwali festivities.
- These are usually so light and crispy that you can easily chew them. In this way, it becomes a perfect snacks to munch with your evening coffee after a long day.
- It is a healthier alternative to chips and wafers for kids and you can also surprise them by packing it in their lunch box.
- Kerala pakkavada is a snack with an amazing combination of dietary fibres, carbohydrates, sodium ions, and zero cholesterol.
At our online store, these ready-made Kerala pakkavada are carefully crafted in the perfect shape and the perfect taste with a balanced mixture of healthy ingredients.
No matter how busy we get with orders, but we never maintain stock because we believe in delivering only freshly prepared products to our wonderful customers who show faith in us. Any feedback or suggestion related to this product is welcome and we will try our best to entertain it. Happy snacking!