What is Kozhikkodan banana halwa?
An authentic sweet which is the speciality of North Malabar region is banana halwa. It is prepared from a specific variety of bananas called Nendran. Finally mashed and intricately mixed with flavours of ghee and cardamom. It is cooked with utmost care and patience to bring out the traditional taste and increase the shelf life of Kozhikodan banana halwa.
Not only Kerala but it is also loved in coastal region of Karanataka. Malabar region is famous for fruity halwas with taste like never before but banana halwa is most unique and tasty of all.
Unique ways in which you can eat Kozhikkodan Banana Halwa
- You can mix it with fresh cream and freeze until it turns into an ice cream. A small scoop will refresh your mind and fulfil your cravings for sweet as well as ice cream.
- If you wish to reduce some sweetness, then add a sliced banana to eat and you can enjoy without changing taste or flavour.
- If you need more of sweet, add some canned cherries or even chocolate sauce for a flavour like never before.
Already excited? We are waiting for your reviews then!
Health quotient of Kozhikkodan Banana Halwa
Here are things you need to know before you judge our lovely and sweet product!
- Bananas are known to help people suffering from asthma, cancer, heart-related problems, and digestive issues.
- They are amazingly healthy if consumed as breakfast.
- It increases the mucous content of your gut lining which makes your stomach strong enough to deal with acidity.
- Bananas are really light and don’t make you feel bloated even if you consume more of it.
Here, at The South Indian Store, we deliver only the freshly prepared Kozhikkodan Banana Halwa to our customer. Any feedback or suggestion related to this product is welcome and we will try our best to entertain it. Happy snacking!