Black halwa is an unbelievably yummy sweet from Kerala which is also known as Kozhikode halwa. It is one of the most loved sweet dishes and given below are the simple steps in which it is prepared!
- It can be prepared from wheat flour or plain flour.
- Sufficient amount of fresh ghee and non-adulterated coconut oil are added.
You can find roasted nuts and dry fruits popping up out of nowhere in your mouth and making it better.
What makes Black Halwa a famous sweet?
Black halwa is famous across the Indian subcontinent for its overwhelming flavour and sweetness. Be it a marriage ceremony or spiritual occasion, this black halwa is served everywhere. The traces of coconut and richness of coconut oil makes it worth giving a try. Earlier it used to be simple jelly-like halwa which was loaded with sugar. But, South India has seen different improvised versions and recreations of this marvel with time.
Why is Black Halwa a healthy sweet?
Coming across the ghee and coconut oil content, we are sure you must be questioning your taste buds! But, don’t worry because we have some amazing nutrient quotient listed below. Check this out!
- Rice flour being the core ingredient makes it easily digestible despite being loaded with fat content.
- Jaggery is the second most important ingredient which is not only healthy but also tasty and gives a unique flavour. Moreover, even diabetes patient can try it in small quantity because jaggery is healthy for them.
- Coconut, on the other hand, is antibacterial and antiseptic which nourishes skin, body tissues, and organs.
- Cashew nuts are small surprising elements of black halwa which is rich in vitamins and prevents anaemia.
- Cardamoms are flavour enhancing agents which also has ability to make the food easily digestible.
Now, that you know all about anatomy of our Kerala Black Halwa, do not hesitate to click on buy button.
If you need any more information in detailed manner, please follow the link below about our blog post on Black Halwa.
5 Ingredients that make black halwa healthy and tasty
Here, at The South Indian Store, we deliver only the freshly prepared Black Halwa to our customer. Any feedback or suggestion related to this product is welcome and we will try our best to entertain it. Happy snacking!
Pooja Singh –
Full waste in taste and my money. Don’t buy this halwa, it has no Kerala halwa taste. It’s made somewhere in chennai not in Kerala.
We apologise if we did not meet your expectations. But, we would like to also clarify here that If we say Kerala Halwa then it is definitely something from Kerala. We are based out of Chennai but we do not prepare any of the product on our own. We have tie ups with vendors across South India including Kerala and Karnataka who are specialized in preparing South Indian Snacks. These vendors prepares fresh products for us whenever we give them an order. We receive the product very next day and is shipped from Chennai.
Having said that, we would also appreciate the fact that you took time to give us a feedback. We at The South Indian Store are always willing to accept feedback be it a negative or positive. We will definitely work on the quality of our Kerala Black Halwa.