The basic kitchen ingredients are really underrated! We have all the medicines on our kitchen shelf but we hardly utilize any of it. But here is something that will make your life easier and also full of energy. Just imagine how you would feel if we told that now you can use coffee as medicine! We always have a pack of basic medicine, antibiotics, anti-allergens, and what not. Little do we realize that nature’s gift has everything in it that can solve our basic health problem.
Here, we will tell you about all the health benefits of coffee and about some of the many ways in which you can use coffee as medicine. Go ahead and we promise you will not regret it!
Why to use coffee as medicine?
Coffee contains caffeine which is the component of most of the energetic drinks and beverages. It activates the cell, muscles, nerves, and it has a relaxing effect overall. Coffee has anti-inflammatory property which can heal many minor ailments. Also, the heat content of coffee is very comforting for human body if you take it in proper medicinal quantities!
Despite being addictive in nature, it has components which can relieve pain and fever. Coffee as medicine, works perfectly if you want to increase the blood flow in coronary artery. It also acts as diuretic and stimulant of heat associated chemical reactions in the body.
So, without wasting much time, let’s dive in to explore the ways in which we can use coffee as medicine.
Ways to use coffee as medicine
Given below are some of the amazing health benefits of coffee and ways to use coffee as medicine. Have a look!
- A small cup of coffee opens up the chest very well, especially when you have frequent cough problems. However, do not use too much sugar in it because it might enhance the itching sensation in your throat.
- Common way to use coffee as medicine is by drinking it without milk. It relieves the bowel movement and helps in both constipation as well as diarrhea. It brings the irregular bowel movement back to normal and also supports peristalsis.
- Using coffee as medicine in fatigue is also a great way to relieve the stress in the muscle tissues.
- One can relieve mild depression or anxiety by using coffee as medicine in your diet.
- When you have enjoyed your late night parties beyond the boundaries, then coffee as medicine will serve a perfect drink to bring you back from hangover.
- Needless to mention but coffee grounds are a perfect example of using coffee as medicine. Since a very long time, people use it for scrubbing and cleansing the body in order to prevent any major skin ailments from occurring.
- A rich cocoa, such as the South Indian filter coffee powder acts as an element which can improve circulation of blood throughout the body. Sometimes cocoa rich dark chocolate is also given to people suffering from hypertension in order to calm down their high blood pressure.
- People who live in humid area and are prone to sweaty underarms that gives rise to microbial growth can also use coffee as medicine. Rubbing coffee in the area where you get more amount of sweat will reduce the smell and keep the skin fresh for a longer time. Hence, you will not face fungal infections in skin very often.
- The health benefits of coffee also include curing the nausea. Even half cup of black coffee works like magic and you don’t feel it anymore because of the presence of caffeine in it.
- The anti analgesic properties that helps us to use coffee as medicine proves that it can be used for headaches that happens during migraines as well as sinusitis.
- Coffee as medicine works effectively on gangrenous ulcer that occurs over skin. It helps in recovering the normal morphology of skin and tissue around it. It also prevents infection around that area.
- When women drink coffee as medicine, it recovers their uterine function and provides sufficient heat to their uterus which ultimately ensures a normal menstrual cycle.
- Last but not the least, sometimes coffee enemas are also given to patients for proper cleansing of their gut.
Precautions while using coffee as medicine
Even though health benefits of coffee are scientifically proven, there are certain things which have to be kept in mind. While using coffee as medicine, one should not forget to monitor the quantity of how much you consume.
You cannot drink coffee normally and expect it to work like medicine. You must do a bit of research about the same and drink accordingly in medicinal ways. Also, coffee has immense amount of heat, so make sure that you eat sufficiently cool food items to compensate for the same, otherwise it may lead to heal boils and mouth ulcers.
We hope this was an educating experience for you about using coffee as medicine. We loved penning down some unknown health benefits of coffee that are not widely talked about. So stop the use of basic medicines and start on something natural. Let us know some more health benefits of coffee if you know!