While the world has become completely dependent on western medicine, I have got something for you which is totally natural and rejuvenating. Are you aware of how much effective Kerala Ayurveda can be? If not, let me give you a quick insight into it. Ayurveda is the oldest healthcare system in the world. It is basically the balance between our environment, body, mind, and spirit. Ayurvedic therapies are thought to improve both physical and mental health and the overall quality of life.
Kerala: The ultimate destination
If you live somewhere near Kerala, then I have some good news for you. Kerala is probably the only state in India where Ayurveda is used as a mainstream medicine. It is the core for Ayurveda. A large number of educational institutions have enhanced Kerala Ayurveda over the years.The Ayurveda vaidyans or doctors of Kerala are legendary practitioners who have researched and found cures for every possible disease. Kerala Ayurveda continues to have a flourishing community that serves to the need of people from across the globe.
Kerala being a place filled with beautiful beaches and spice gardens turns out to be the ultimate destination for a soothing and relaxing treatment. Whether its Kovalam, Kollam, Thrissur or Kozhikode, the ayurvedic destinations are never-ending. Some famous rejuvenation therapies offered here include body slimming, body immunization and
beauty care. No matter what your health issues are, Kerala Ayurveda will surely get you closer to a solution.
Some therapies of Kerala Ayurveda
- Akshitarpana – Traditional treatment for eyes,
- Karnapoorana – Ayurvedic treatment for ear
- Kativasti – Therapy to cure the ailments of back portion, and
- Abhyanga – Medicated massage oil
These are some of the wide range of therapies in Kerala Ayurveda.
But what makes Kerala Ayurveda different from the rest of the world? Well, its the 5 prolonged treatment, named as ‘Panchakarma’. As a part of Panchakarma treatment medicated oil, herbs, milk and special diets are used to cure all types of ailments.
Panchakarma treatment is the ultimate experience for both mind and body. It is a three-step process- Purva(post-operative), Pradhana(operative) and Paschat(Post-operative).
It has several health benefits as well. Reducing stress, improving relaxation and boosting the immunity level are some to count. Panchakarma treatment is beneficial in several diseases like asthma, diabetes, neurological dysfunctions, nasal allergies, digestive disorder, premature greying of hair, etc.
Kairali: The healing hub for Kerala Ayurveda
Ever heard of Kairali? Well, you can get the best of ayurvedic treatment at Kairali’s healing village. With a highly dedicated team of doctors and therapists at their medicinal centres and certified hospitals, Kairali ensures an excellent
quality of treatments.
Their special beauty and health care packages are designed to provide treatment to many modern-day health problems like stress, eye ailments, skin defects, etc. Arthritis, obesity, migraine and infertility are among other deformities
To-do list for overall refreshment
Want to take some days off from your work loaded, stressful life? How about some ayurvedic massages? We bring to you a bunch of massages from Kerala Ayurveda that might replenish you.
- Ubtaan and Elakijhi: It is a special type of massage which involves the use of several different herbals and animal-centric materials. This therapy not only nourishes the body and improves the texture of the skin, but it also improves blood circulation.
- Pizhichil: In this therapy, warm oil is poured over a special kind of vessel, referred to as ‘Kindi’. This is placed some inches above the body. It proves to be effective for people suffering from fractures, paralysis, stiffness in the body, etc.
- Garshana: This method of therapy uses no oil or herbal powder. Here, the body is stimulated using raw silk gloves without applying any type of lubricant. This therapy stimulates the lymphatic system by releasing toxins from the body.
- Shirodhora: This therapy is customised to stimulate the nerves. A continuously flowing stream or ‘dhara’ of medicated or herbal oil is poured on the scalp. This helps in the treatment of mental fatigue. It also helps to increase focus, clarity and relieves headache.
- Abhyangam: This is a full body massage given with medicated hot oil chosen as per the medical condition of the patient. The temperature of the oil is closely observed and adjusted to ensure the comfort of the patient. On certain points pressure is applied, so as to stimulate various energies and aid release of toxins from the body.
Interested in ayurvedic therapies, you are just a click away. A wide of range ayurvedic products is all you need. We bring to you herbals, oils, and lot more. Explore the rejuvenating therapies and products of Kerala Ayurveda to get rid of all your health issues naturally.
One thought on “Must Try Therapies In Kerala Ayurveda”
Very well written article. The therapies are are explained in detail. Kerala surely is an Ayurveda retreat. Ubtaan and Elakijhi are something which is quite interesting and beneficial. Abhyangam is also gives quite a soothing experience.